The following information is for Fairway,
Roeland Park, Westwood & Westwood Hills Residents only
FOR FAIRWAY, ROELAND PARK, WESTWOOD & WESTWOOD HILLS RESIDENTS ONLY
Instructions to Apply for Reimbursement for Native Trees
- Review and agree to Program Applicant Conditions (see below)
- Review the list of reimburseable native trees before you purchase. Click here to view or download a printable pdf.
Complete online application by clicking here or download a printable pdf.
- Before you begin, be sure you have gathered your supporting documentation. You will need to provide: receipts/invoices, and before & after photos of native tree installation.
- Approval decision will be received within five business days of completed applications.
- Reimbursement for native tree plantings is up to 50% with a cap of $150 per tree, up to two.
- Reimbursement will be complete in approximately 6-8 weeks.
- All reimbursements are made on a first come, first served basis.
Complete online reimbursement form:
Or mail downloaded form to:
Bridging The Gap
c/o Claire Zimmermann
1427 W. 9th Street, STE 201
Kansas City, MO 64101
Or email scanned form to:
Program Applicant Conditions
- The applicant is responsible for all project costs. The City will reimburse if the applicant received pre-approval, if applicable, after all cost have been incurred, final costs and receipts are provided, and final approval of project is obtained. All reimbursements are on a first come, first serve basis until funding runs out.
- All projects and/or installations must be completed within the current calendar year and all final documentation submitted by November 30, 2022.
- Trees must not be planted where it will interfere with traffic sight lines or in the rights-of-way.
- Know the space where you are planting a tree. Homeowner is responsible for verifying the species of tree will work in the space.
- Implementation of the approved project is the sole responsibility of the applicant. The City is not liable for personal injury or property damage resulting from work related to the project.
- Projects pre-approved for funding carry no implied warranty or guarantee of reimbursement by the City.
- The funded project must be maintained for a minimum of three years. All maintenance costs are the sole responsibility of the applicant and/or property owner. The City is not responsible for trees or plants that do not survive.
- The applicant is responsible for obtaining all applicable permits, including notifying Kansas One-Call before digging. Dig Safe Telephone Number is 811.
Each city administers the funding for its reimbursement program. Please click on your city below to learn how to apply for cost-share funding.