Pollinator & Native Plants
The following information is for
Roeland Park, Westwood & Westwood Hills Residents only
FOR FAIRWAY, ROELAND PARK, WESTWOOD & WESTWOOD HILLS RESIDENTS ONLY
Instructions to Apply for Reimbursement for Pollinator & Native Plants
- Review and agree to Program Applicant Conditions (see below)
- Review the list of reimburseable plants before you purchase. Click here to view or download a printable pdf.
Complete online application by clicking here or download a printable pdf.
- Before you begin, be sure you have gathered your supporting documentation. You will need to provide: itemized receipts/invoices, and before & after photos of pollinator/native plant installation.
- Approval decision will be received within five business days of completed applications.
Reimbursement for a pollinator/native plant garden is up to 50% with a cap of $1,000 (minimum amount spent must be $50).
- Reimbursement will be complete in approximately 6-8 weeks.
- All reimbursements are made on a first come, first served basis.
Complete online reimbursement form:
Or mail downloaded form to:
Bridging The Gap
c/o Claire Zimmermann
1427 W. 9th Street, STE 201
Kansas City, MO 64101
Or email scanned form to:
Program Applicant Conditions
- The applicant is responsible for all project costs. The City will reimburse if the applicant received pre-approval, if applicable, after all cost have been incurred, final costs and receipts are provided, and final approval of project is obtained. All reimbursements are on a first come, first serve basis until funding runs out.
- All projects and/or installations must be completed within the current calendar year and all final documentation submitted by November 30, 2022.
- Implementation of the approved project is the sole responsibility of the applicant. The City is not liable for personal injury or property damage resulting from work related to the project.
- Projects pre-approved for funding carry no implied warranty or guarantee of reimbursement by the City.
- The funded project must be maintained for a minimum of three years. All maintenance costs are the sole responsibility of the applicant and/or property owner. The City is not responsible for trees or plants that do not survive.
- The applicant is responsible for obtaining all applicable permits, including notifying Kansas One-Call before digging. Dig Safe Telephone Number is 811.