Each city administers the funding for its reimbursement program. Please click on your city below to learn how to apply for cost-share funding.
The following information only applies to the cities of De Soto, Fairway, Lake Quivira, Mission Woods, Roeland Park, Westwood, Westwood Hills, and Unincorporated Johnson County. For all other cities, to review your city's criteria for reimbursement, please click on a link to the right. All applications for reimbursement will be funded on a first-come, first-serve basis. Westwood Hills residents are required to pre-approve their projects prior to submitting an application to confirm funding is available. A project pre-approval does not serve as a reimbursement application, and will not reserve funding for you. Westwood Hills residents, please visit the Contact Us page to submit a funding availability inquiry.
DE SOTO, FAIRWAY, LAKE QUIVIRA, ROELAND PARK, WESTWOOD, WESTWOOD HILLS & UNINCORPORTATED JOHNSON COUNTY ONLY
- $150 reimbursement cap per tree, up to two
- Click here to view/download approved native tree list
- Click here to submit reimbursement form
- Rain Barrel $75 per barrel, up to two
- Click Here to submit reimbursement form
Rain Gardens/Native Plant Gardens
- $1000 reimbursement cap
- must capture stormwater
- Click here to view/download approved pollinator/native plant list
- Click here to submit pre-approval form